Earth Notes: Eco Puzzlers For Masters of EngineeringUpdated 2021-08-16 18:51 GMT.
By Damon Hart-Davis.
For those on their way to mastering engineering... A set of thought experiments to help fix the real world. #ecoEngineering
A series of eco puzzles set for real MEng students by "The Prof" covering real-world problems including fixing the climate. Starting with additional renewable electricity generation sources! Often but not always UK-based.
Many thanks to "The Prof" for so generously making this material available!
- Tay Salty Leccy: How to generate electricity from the Tay estuary saline gradient?
- Ocean Thermal Power: How to generate electricity from ocean thermal differences?
- 100% Greenhouse Gas Free Energy for the UK: How to create a 100% Greenhouse Gas Free Energy System for the UK?
- HS3 Rail: Design a 400kph+ train system London to Birmingham to Manchester to Glasgow.
- Jules Verne Trophy: Design a vessel, and all associated aspects, to lift the trophy!
- GB Water Grid: Design an efficient and effective national grid for water!