Earth Notes: GB Electricity Grid Live Carbon Intensity DatasetUpdated 2021-07-17 18:39 GMT.
By Damon Hart-Davis.
This is time-series of estimates of CO2 emitted per unit of electricity generated for the GB grid. (The GB grid includes England, Wales and Scotland, but excludes Northern Ireland which is part of the Ireland-wide system.)
This carbon intensity value is computed and logged at least every 10 minutes. It may be logged more often under some circumstances.
The intensity is derived from the FUELINST dataset for the GB grid.
With these figures it is possible to match with consumption (or exports) of grid electricity, for example for a single home. A finer-grained carbon footprint can then be calculated than using a single annual average/total. This may be important because intensity and demand tend to vary seasonally.
- GB Electricity Grid Live CO2 Intensity
- GB (Scotland/England/Wales) grid carbon intensity as computed live from FUELINST data from Elexon multiple times per hour.
- carbon, intensity, CO2, CO2e, grid, GB, UK
- electricity carbon intensity
- date created
- date published
- date modified
- temporal coverage
- spatial coverage
- directory of recent carbon-intensity log data files named YYYYMMDD.log
- directory of batched monthly carbon-intensity log data files named YYYYMM.log.gz
- canonical URL
- this descriptive text with markup
- is part of
- 16WW Dataset
- this dataset is licensed under CC0, ie it is effectively public domain; if you make use of this data, attribution is welcome but not obligatory